Jan. 15th, 1947
Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
Pete Waterman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Pete Waterman was born in England and became one of Europe's biggest pop music producers when he teamed up with Mike Stock (II) and Matt Aitken (II). Together, Stock/Aitken/Waterman produced songs for the biggest pop artists. For example: Samantha Fox (II), Rick Astley, Mel & Kim, Sinitta,Mandy Smith (III), Bananarama, Hazel Dean, Dead Or Alive, Steps etc.
- Kylie Minogue originally started her career with Stock, Aitken and Waterman
- In 1999 his son, Pete Jr., (then aged 22) cheated death when he survived a karting accident, which left him badly burned and in a coma.
- Avid fan of real life steam locomotives, his first job being a fireman (stoker) on British Railways. Has contributed massively towards restorations of Locomotives, at one time owned 'Flying Scotsman', owns a company that restores steam locomotives amongst other work.
- Has said that the three best singers he has worked with are 'Rick Astley' (qv), 'Donna Summer' (qv) and 'Lauren Waterworth' (qv).
- He was awarded the O.B.E. (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2005 Queen's New Years Honors List for his services to music as composer and producer.
- He was awarded the O.B.E. (Officer of the order of the British Empire) in the 2005 Queen's New Years Honours List for his services to Music.
- (January 3, 2005) His eldest son Paul (aged 33), by his first wife Elizabeth Reynolds, died after a six-month battle against a serious illness at the Institute of Neurology in central London.
- Winner (with Stock and Aitken) of the British Phonographic Industry Award for British Producer in 1988.
Related sites for this celeb