72 (passed away May. 11th, 2019)
Aug. 30th, 1946
New York City, New York
Peggy Lipton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Peggy Lipton was raised in a comfortably upper-middle-class Jewish family. Her parents were Harold Lipton, a corporate lawyer, and Rita Benson, an artist. Her paternal grandparents were Russian Jews, and her mother was born in Dublin, Ireland to Jewish parents who had immigrated from Eastern Europe.
Lipton was raised on Long Island with her brothers, Robert, who became an actor, and Kenneth. She attended Lawrence Junior High School and the Professional Children's School.
Sexually abused by an uncle, Lipton was a nervous, withdrawn child. She had a stutter that at times prevented her from saying her own name. In 1964 the family moved to Los Angeles; there Peggy became what she described as a "Topanga Canyon hippie", exploring meditation and yoga, and subsisting on rice cakes and cottage cheese.
- In 2005, Lipton published her memoir titled, "Breathing Out", in which she revealed she had a tryst with 'Paul McCartney' (qv) before finding fame on _"The Mod Squad" (1968)_ (qv).
- Mother of actress/model 'Kidada Jones' (qv) and actress 'Rashida Jones' (qv).
- Is of Irish-Russian ancestry.
- Had a relationship with 'Elvis Presley' (qv).
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Marie Masters' (qv).
- Ex-stepmother of 'Quincy Jones III' (qv).
- 1966 Deb Star.
- Younger sister of 'Robert Lipton (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb