May. 27th, 1967
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England, UK
Paul Gascoigne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- He played 57 matches for England and scored 10 goals.
- Brother of 'Anna-Marie Gascoigne' (qv).
- Made his England debut against Denmark on 14 September 1988.
- His football career was hampered by injury and a frequent lack of fitness, due largely to his bad diet of junk food and alcohol.
- He famously cried in the 1990 World Cup semi-final, after he was issued a yellow card that meant he would be suspended for the final if England qualified.
- His first international goal was against Czechoslovakia on 25 April 1990.
- He was dropped from the England team shortly before the 1998 World Cup, and hasn't played for the national side since.
- Made public that he wishes to be referred to as G8 as part of his new image. He has shed weight and stopped drinking and now wants the new nickname, which is a combination of the first letter of his surname and the number he wore through most of his footballing career, to cement his new, improved TV image. [November 2004]
Related sites for this celeb