Jul. 22nd, 1965
Los Angeles, California, USA
Patrick Labyorteaux's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Labyorteaux is the brother of actor Matthew Laborteaux and actress Jane Laborteaux, and the son of Frances Marshall Laborteaux. Patrick was adopted at a young age after being labeled "unadoptable. Early in his career he would be billed under the name Patrick Laborteaux, dropping the "y".
He has starred on TV and in film; his well known TV roles are on the hit NBC series Little House on the Prairie as Andrew 'Andy' Garvey from 1977–1981, and on the CBS hit series JAG as Lt. Cmdr. Bud Roberts from 1995–2005, a role he would reprise for an episode of JAG's spinoff, NCIS. Near the end of the series Labyorteaux's character lost his leg, leading to speculation that the actor had in fact lost his leg, but the show's spokesperson, Diane Ekeblad, stated, “I’m happy to report Patrick Labyorteaux has not suffered any injury regarding his leg. He’s just a very good actor. However, Labyorteaux did once have to have an accident befall the character of Bud to reflect something that had happened to him; the incident of Bud's broken jaw was written in after an accident that broke the actor's jaw.
Labyorteaux has starred in films as well: one of his well-known roles is in the 1987 comedy film Summer School as football player Kevin Winchester. He also appeared in the 1989 cult film Heathers as mean jock Ram Sweeney.
Labyorteaux has also done voices for cartoons such as Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Godzilla: The Series and others.
Some of the other TV shows on which he has made guest appearances include Starsky and Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Living Single, Yes, Dear, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Ghost Whisperer and iCarly.
Labyorteaux is married to television producer Tina Albanese, they have a son together. He along with Albanese are the creators and executive producers of the Nick at Nite sitcom See Dad Run, starring Scott Baio.
- Son of 'Frances Marshall' (qv).
- Brother of actor 'Matthew Laborteaux' (qv) and 'Jane Laborteaux' (qv).
- His wife, 'Tina Albanese' (qv), was an associate producer of the show _"JAG" (1995)_ (qv) and they kept their relationship a secret until it was revealed after they officially announced their engagement.
- In 1992, he and his brother, actor 'Matthew Laborteaux' (qv), with whom he founded the Youth Rescue Fund, a charity dedicated to helping runaways, appeared before a House sub-committee to plead the case of runaways and raised $11 million for youth shelters across America.
- (11 July 2001) Patrick and Tina welcomed a son, Jeau Bennett, born at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Related sites for this celeb