Nov. 16th, 1977
Dniepropetrovsk, Ukraine, Soviet Union
Oksana Baiul's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Only child of Sergei and Marina Baiul. Her father abandoned the family when she was 2, and she began skating at 4. Her grandfather, grandmother, and mother all died within 3 years, and Oksana was alone at 13. She moved in with her new skating coach, and trained for the Ukranian National Championships and 1993 World Championships, both of which she won. In 1994, she won the Olympic gold medal, after injuring herself during a practice session. After the Olympics, she moved to the United States, and has skated in professional tours, such as Stars on Ice, since her Olympic victory. After a battle with alcohol, Oksana is now sober and training in Richmond, Virginia. She hopes to regain her amateur skating status and compete in the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. She has written 2 books, "Oksana, My Own Story" and "Secrets of Skating".
- Has her own clothing line, The Oksana Baiul Collection.
- Skated in the 2008 Stars on Ice Tour. This tour was the first ever to go to Puerto Rico.
- She became engaged to be married to clothing manufacturer, Gene Sinuk, in the summer of 2004.
- Is an only child.
- Silver Medal, 1994 European Figure Skating Championships
- (January 1997) Arrested for drunk driving.
- (1994) Won Olympic gold medal for figure skating.
- Gold Medal, 1993 World Figure Skating Championships
Related sites for this celeb