74 (passed away Dec. 14th, 1998)
Mar. 24th, 1924
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Norman Fell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Norman Fell was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1924. He graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's degree in drama. During World War II, he was an Air Force tail gunner in the Pacific. After the war, he studied acting and obtained small parts in television and on stage. His first regular TV appearance was in the comedy series Joe & Mabel (1956). His best known TV role was that of Stanley Roper, the landlord in the very popular Three's Company (1977), which debuted in 1977, and its short lived spin-off, The Ropers (1979).
Norman Fell died at the Motion Picture and Television Fund's retirement home in Woodland Hills CA, aged 74, survived by two daughters.
- Had a long, bitter and acrimonious feud with actor Jack Klugman which lasted over 40 years.
- Studied acting with 'Stella Adler' (qv).
- He and Karen adopted a baby boy who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at 5 months.
- 1946 graduate of Temple University.
- Inurned at Mount Sinai Memorial Park, Los Angeles, California - Garden of Heritage, Columbarium of Tradition, Niche 1601A
Related sites for this celeb