May. 29th, 1967
Longsight, Manchester, England, UK
Noel Gallagher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Noel born in Manchester, England to a poor family, was constantly put down by counselors and friends not to go into music. Received his first guitar as a present when a kid from his mum Peggy, he taught himself how to play despite being left-handed and owning a right handed guitar. As a teenager he got into trouble for stealing cars and bikes, but it was one night that both he and his brother Liam Gallagher were at a Stone Roses concert, coincidentally not together, that he realized that music was the only thing for him. Noel auditioned to be the lead singer for a band called the Inspiral Carpets, and although he was turned away due to a lack of voice strength, he toured with them as their roadie. When his brother convinced him that he could do much more in his band, Rain, he agreed only if he had total control and could change the band name to Oasis. That was ten years ago, now 5 albums, millions of pounds, and several bandmates later, Noel and Oasis rate amongst the greatest bands of all time and one of the greatest in the world today.
- Brother of 'Liam Gallagher' (qv).
- Wrote the smash hit "Wonderwall" for his then-girlfriend (later wife) Meg Mathews and initially wanted to sing it but gave his brother 'Liam Gallagher' (qv) the choice.
- He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Collaborated with the techno duo 'The Chemical Brothers' (qv) on the songs "Setting Sun" and "Let Forever Be", both of which recall 'The Beatles' (qv)' "Tomorrow Never Knows."
- Mother: Margaret Sweeny Gallagher, better known as Peggy.
- His partner, Sara MacDonald gave birth to a baby boy named Donovan Rory MacDonald Gallagher at 11.15am on Saturday 22nd September 2007 weighing 7lb 5oz.
- (June 2004) Readers of Total Guitar Magazine voted his riff to "Cigarettes and Alcohol" the 99th greatest riff of all time.
- His favorite songs are "Hound Dog" by 'Elvis Presley' (qv), "We Love You" by 'The Rolling Stones' (qv), "Like A Rolling Stone" by 'Bob Dylan' (qv), "Strange Town" by 'The Jam' (qv), "I Am The Walrus" by 'The Beatles' (qv), "I've Gotta Get A Message To You" by 'The Bee Gees' (qv), "My Generation" by 'The Who' (qv), "Hand In Glove" by The Smiths, "Waterloo Sunset" by 'The Kinks' (qv) and "Looking Glass" by The La's. (Source: BBC Radio 2 "Tracks of My Years").
Related sites for this celeb