Oct. 25th, 1957
Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nancy Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nancy Cartwright is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist.
She is best known for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Appointed Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California, USA (2005)
- When she auditioned for _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv), she was rehearsing for the voice of "Lisa Simpson", not "Bart Simpson". During final preparations while reading the script, she realized she could do "Bart Simpson"'s voice.
- Children, with 'Warren Murphy' (qv), Lucy Mae and Jackson.
- The segment of _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) in which she appears is based on the same episode that was later parodied in a "Simpsons" Halloween special.
- Her character, Bart Simpson, was rated number 2 in Comedy Central's newest show 'Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses'.
- Like many tourists, Cartwright attempted to disturb the notoriously unflappable guards at Buckingham Palace in London. When she blurted, "What's happening man, I'm Bart Simpson, dude!", she succeeded.
- Originally auditioned for the part of Lisa Simpson on The Simpsons (1989) but asked to read for Bart because she thought Bart was funnier.
- Attended Ohio University from 1976-1978 as an interpersonal communication major and was awarded the Cutler Scholarship for academic excellence and leadership.