Dec. 14th, 1970
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nadine Garner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Garner first came to public attention in 1985, as Tamara Henderson in the Australian TV series, The Henderson Kids, and then in her debut film The Still Point. She made her stage debut in 1987, in the title role of the Melbourne Theatre Company production of A Day in the Death of Joe Egg. Since then she has worked extensively in film, theatre and TV (both in Australia and the UK) and received awards and nominations for performances in each field. Also interested in writing, she wrote and performed in the stage work Birds Eye View in Sydney, 2002.
Garner has worked with most state theatre companies, in a wide variety of roles in works by Shakespeare, Molière, Sheridan, Ibsen, Chekhov, Orton, Shaffer, Lawler and Elton. She also played the role of Desire in the highly controversial Australian musical Bad Boy Johnny and the Prophets of Doom.
Nadine Garner is married to Cameron Barnett and they have two young sons, Eden and Jem.
Garner first major role was in 1985 in The Henderson Kids at the age of 13 as "Tamara", a role for which she won several awards. This was followed by a role in Australian teen drama Blue Water High.
Garner has since had a series of minor and guest roles in multiple Australian and British television series, including Prisoner, My Brother Tom miniseries, Neighbours, The Bill, A Country Practice, The Flying Doctors, Shadows of the Heart miniseries, G. P., Twisted Tales, Good Guys Bad Guys, Raw FM, Tribe miniseries, Class Act, Water Rats, The Love of Lionel's Life telemovie, Changi miniseries - Ep.5, Heroes' Mountain telemovie, Young Lions, The Secret Life of Us, Stingers and Through My Eyes miniseries.
Garner currently plays Det. Sen.Constable Jennifer Mapplethorpe in the police drama series City Homicide, which debuted in 2007.
Garner made her film debut in Still Point (1985), Bushfire Moon* (1987), Mull (1988) for which she was awarded "Best Actress" in the 1988 Australian Film Institute Awards, Metalskin (1994), Fresh Air (1999), The Book of Revelation (2006), Razzle Dazzle: A Journey into Dance (2007).
In 2002-3 Garner played in a national tour of the musical Cabaret, and received enthusiastic reviews - as well as two theatre awards - for her performance as "Fraulein Kost/Fritzi".
Awards and nominations
Awards and nominations to date:
* Television Society of Australia Penguin: Certificate of Special Recognition for Performance by an Actress in a Mini-series - The Henderson Kids (1985)
* Television Society of Australia Penguin Award for Best Performance by a Juvenile - The Henderson Kids II (1987)
* TV Week Logie Award for Best Performance by a Juvenile - The Henderson Kids (1986)
* AFI (Australian Film Institute) Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role - Mull (1989)
* AFI Award Nomination for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Metalskin (1995)
* AFI Award Nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a TV Drama - RAW FM (1997)
* FCCA (Film Critics Circle of Australia) Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role - Metalskin (1995)
* Australian Dance Awards Nomination for Outstanding Performance in a Stage Musical - Cabaret (2003)
* MO Awards Nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical - Cabaret (2003)
* Melbourne Green Room Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical - Cabaret (2003)
* Helpmann Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical - Cabaret (2003)
Related sites for this celeb