Sep. 16th, 1925
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Morgan Woodward's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has four brothers.
- Served as a pilot in the Army Air Force during World War II. He had been flying airplanes since the age of 16.
- Brother of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity.
- His uncle, Dr. S. A. Woodward, lived in the San Angelo, Texas area. One day he was called to help in the birth of a male child. The family, not knowing what gender was expected, had not chosen a name, so in honor of the good doctor's service, they named him Woodward Ritter. Later, he would be known more widely as 'Tex Ritter' (qv).
- In July 1996, he was a guest at the Western Film Fair in Charlotte, North Carolina along with Tony Young, Patricia Blair, Gene Evans, Gregory Walcott, Adrian Booth, Roberta Shore, Tommy Kirk, Dale Berry, Robert F. Hoy, Justin Tubb and Neil Summers.
- After graduating from college, Woodward entered the University of Texas Law School in 1951. His studies were interrupted when he was recalled to active duty with the Air Force during the Korean War. He was sent to Korea and served with the Military Air Transport Command. After being demobilized, he did not return to law school but became an actor instead.
- In August of 1995, Woodward received the "Lifetime Achievement Award" for western film acting from the "Wild West Film Festival" in Sonora, California.
- In August 1988, he received the prestigious "Golden Boot Award" from the Hollywood Motion Picture and Television Fund. Other 1988 recipients were 'Roy Rogers (I)' (qv), 'Virginia Mayo (I)' (qv), 'Willie Nelson' (qv), 'Ann Rutherford (I)' (qv) and 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb