Aug. 20th, 1974
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Misha Collins' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Misha Collins (born Dmitri Tippens Krushnic; August 20, 1974) is an American actor and director, best known for his role as the angel Castiel on the CW television series Supernatural.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts. Before turning to acting, he worked as an intern at the White House during the Clinton Administration in the Office of Presidential Personnel. He then moved on to become a producer and copy writer for National Public Radio on a show called Weekly Edition. After graduation, Collins traveled the world for a year, spending several months in monastic seclusion in a monastery in Tibet.
In addition to his role on Supernatural, Collins guest starred on Nip/Tuck as a prospective patient of McNamara/Troy. Other television appearances include recurring roles on ER and 24 and guest appearances on CSI:NY, CIS, Monk, Close to Home and NYPD Blue.
On the big screen, Collins is best known for his role as serial killer Paul Bernardo in the film Karla. Other film credits include Par 6, Moving Alan, Liberty Heights, Girl Interrupted and Finding Home.
In his down time, Collins can be found outdoors kayaking, biking, running or hiking in the mountains. He also enjoys back-country snowboarding and recently took a winter trip to the Sierras where he built and slept in igloos. In addition, Collins is a published poet with works in The Columbia Poetry Review, The California Quarterly and other literary journals.
Collins currently resides in Los Angeles in a house he built and designed himself. He married Victoria Vantoch in (2001). They have two children.
- Brother's name is Sasha.
- Went to University of Chicago and studied Social Theory.
- Started his own software company.
- Read Revelation as preparation for role as Castiel.
- Once worked at National Public Radio in the U.S.
- Spent time at a monastery in Nepal. Still practices Buddhist meditation and goes on a 10 day retreat once a year.
- Worked as a carpenter to put himself through college.
- Built his own home, and almost all the furniture in it, save for a couple chairs on the deck.