Jul. 25th, 1971
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Miriam Shor's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Miriam Shor is an American actress. She is known for her performance in the rock musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch and in the 2001 film adaptation of the same name. She later starred in a number of short-lived television series, including Swingtown (2008) and GCB (2012). Shor stars in the TV Land comedy series Younger. Shor played Madelaine True in the Encores!production of The Wild Party at the New York City Center July 15–18, 2015 alongside Younger co-star Sutton Foster.
- Graduated from Ferndale High in 1989 and ceased alternating location.
- Attended the University of Michigan where she played a variety of roles including three different shows in which she played the Virgin Mary.
- Her parents divorced when she was 7 and she alternated between living in Turin, Italy (with her mother), and suburban Detroit (with her father).
- Expecting her first child in 2009. [April 29, 2009].
- Most notable role, Yitzhak in the Broadway production "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" was presented to her on a tiny slip of paper by agent in 1998. It said, "A man to be played by a woman. Surly, Jewish, Croatian. Ex-drag queen billed as Krystall Nacht, the Last Jewess of the Balkans."