May. 25th, 1963
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike Myers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario. His television career really started in 1988, when he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975), where he spent six seasons. He brought to life many memorable characters, such as Dieter and Wayne Cambell. His major movies include Wayne's World (1992), Wayne's World 2 (1993), So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993), the Austin Powers movies and The Cat in the Hat (2003).
- In addition to being nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 at the Razzie awards, for his performance in _The Cat in the Hat (2003)_ (qv), he was also suggested on the 2004 nominating ballot in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his role in _View from the Top (2003)_ (qv). He failed to receive the Supporting Actor nomination, but got the Lead Actor nomination.
- Carries a British Passport. He has said in many interviews that he regards himself as British.
- His production company, Eric's Boy, is named after his father, Eric, an encyclopaedia salesman, who died on 22 November 1991 of Alzheimer's.
- Appeared with 'Gilda Radner' (qv), in a television commercial when he was nine, he cried on the last day of the shooting. Since then, his brothers called him "Sucky Baby".
- His mother studied at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art before moving to Canada and raising a family.
- Graduated high school in 1982 and was immediately accepted into Toronto's Second City Comedy ensemble.
- (December 2005) He and Ruzan are ending their marriage.
- His character Linda Richman on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), is based on his mother-in-law, 'Linda Richman' (qv).