Dec. 19th, 1960
Mount Pleasant, Utah, USA
Michael Paul Lookinland's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Early life Mike's father was a Vice Principal at San Pedro High School in San Pedro, California, part of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), in the late 1970s. He has a younger brother named Todd, who starred in "Blue Bird" with Elizabeth Taylor and an older sister Theresa. Lookinland grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Mormon. He is a self-professed conservationist and "camping nut". He attended the private Chadwick School on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in Southern California, and graduated in 1978.
Young Mike was a TV commercial actor before he was cast in The Brady Bunch, having done around thirty commercials. He has naturally sandy-colored wavy hair. Because his hair color did not match Peter's or Greg's natural dark brown color, he had to have his hair dyed dark brown and straightened to match. Occasionally, the lights on set though were so hot that his dye job would sometimes run down his face. During the last two seasons of The Brady Bunch, his natural hair color was finally allowed to show. Bobby (Mike) was always the type of kid who was sweet, funny, energetic, and sometimes dramatic during his role on The Brady Bunch.
Mike's brother, Todd, appeared in a Brady Bunch episode that served as the pilot for a spin-off series called Kelly's Kids about a husband and wife that adopt three boys, one white, one black, and one Asian. The pilot was not bought, however. In another episode during the show's final season, Bobby kisses a girl named Milicent (Melissa Sue Anderson) and he sees “sky rockets.” She then informs him that she may have the mumps and he "shouldn't have done that." Bobby and his family nervously await her telephone call with the doctor's results. Years later, the two reunited on an episode of Little House on the Prairie, on which Anderson played Mary Ingalls, and Lookinland guest starred. Melissa Sue Anderson was also raised in the LDS (Mormon) church.
Mike also provided the voice of Oblio in the animated film The Point!. Shortly after the final season of The Brady Bunch wrapped filming, he appeared alongside Jennifer Jones and Paul Newman in the 1974 disaster film blockbuster The Towering Inferno and on the 1970s TV show The Secrets of Isis.
Mike reprised his role as Bobby Brady in the 1988 Christmas special A Very Brady Christmas, and again in the 1990 sequel series The Bradys, in which Bobby Brady was involved in a racing car accident, which made him a wheelchair user throughout the series. Interestingly, the first two names of the Brady father character played by Robert Reed was "Michael Paul", the same as Lookinland's actual names.
- Was an alcoholic for years, but has been sober since his 1997 accident and arrest for drunk-driving
- His hair was dyed for _"The Brady Bunch" (1969)_ (qv).
- (11/9/1997) Arrested for drunk driving near St. George, Utah.
- Father of 'Scott Lookinland' (qv).
- Two sons: 'Scott Lookinland' (qv) (b. 1990) and 'Joe Lookinland' (qv) (b. 1993).
- Attended Chadwick School, Palos Verdes Peninsula, California.
- Unlike the other two Brady boys ('Barry Williams (I)' (qv) and 'Christopher Knight (I)' (qv)), he had red hair but the producers wanted to have him on the show instead of all the other boys they interviewed who had brown hair, that they asked him if he would be willing to dye his hair for the series.
- Brother of actor 'Todd Lookinland' (qv)
Related sites for this celeb