Jun. 4th, 1944
Long Beach, California, USA
Michelle Phillips' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michelle Phillips first became known as a member of the pop group, The Mamas and the Papas. She sang the Mamas and Papas song, "Dedicated To The One I Love" on a March, 1987, episode of "Knots Landing" (1979) in her role as "Anne Matheson". She is the mother of singer Chynna Phillips and ex-stepmother of actress Mackenzie Phillips.
- Born to Joyce Leon, née Poole, an accountant, and Gardner Burnett Gilliam, a merchant marine.
- Mother-in-law of actor 'William Baldwin (I)' (qv).
- Was good friends with the 'Charles Manson' (qv) victims 'Sharon Tate (I)' (qv), 'Abigail Folger' (qv), 'Jay Sebring' (qv) and 'Voytek Frykowski' (qv).
- The wildly popular 'The Mamas and the Papas' (qv) '60s pop/folk group ("Monday, Monday" and "California Dreamin'" were their biggest hits) was comprised of Michelle and her husband at the time, 'John Phillips (II)' (qv), along with ''Mama' Cass Elliot' (qv) and 'Denny Doherty' (qv). Michelle was temporarily kicked out of the group (replaced by Jill Gibson) after it was discovered she was having an affair with the other "Papa" (Doherty), who Cass had a crush on. The fans, however, missed her and she was soon brought back, but the damage had been done and the group wasted no time in splitting up.
- Sang at 'Denny Doherty' (qv)'s funeral, whose death made her the only surviving member of 'The Mamas and the Papas' (qv) (2007).
- Was married to 'Dennis Hopper' (qv) for 8 days.
- Ranked #23 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Former stepmother of actress 'Mackenzie Phillips' (qv).