Feb. 5th, 1969
Newport, Gwent, Wales, UK
Michael Sheen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Christopher Sheen, OBE is a Welsh actor and political activist, known for 30 Rock, The Spoils of Babylon, The Spoils Before Dying, Masters of Sex and Good Omens.
- He was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2009 Queen's New Years Honours List for his services to Drama.
- He has a daughter, 'Lily Mo Sheen' (qv), born January, 1999 with his former long time girlfriend 'Kate Beckinsale' (qv). Lily lives with her mother.
- He was nominated for a 1999 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for Best Supporting Performance of 1998 for his role in "Amadeus".
- Became an Associate Member of RADA.
- In 1997, as both actor and director, he ran "Thin Language", a Welsh theatre company co-jointly with 'Simon Harris (II)' (qv), and mounted a production (directed by Sheen) of Harris's play "Badfinger" at the Donmar. He also joined forces with 'Helen McCrory' (qv) and 'Robert Delamere' (qv) to set up a new writing production company called "Foundry" that same year.
- He was awarded the 2003 London Critics Circle Theatre Award for Best Actor for his performance in Caligula at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Primary residence is in London, England. He also has an apartment in Los Angeles so he can spend time with his daughter.
- Has the distinction of having twice portrayed British Prime Minister 'Tony Blair (I)' (qv) in _The Deal (2003) (TV)_ (qv) and _The Queen (2006)_ (qv). 'Stephen Frears' (qv) directed both projects.