Sep. 7th, 1954
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Michael Emerson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Emerson (born September 7, 1954) is an American actor best known for his role as Benjamin Linus on Lost.
- Is a stage actor who makes occasional films.
- On _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv), he played Ben Linus, the son of Roger Linus, played by 'Jon Gries' (qv), who is actually 3 years the junior of Emerson. The age difference is explicable because Roger is first seen in flashbacks to Ben's birth and childhood. Ben's mother was played by 'Carrie Preston (I)' (qv), who in addition to being (like Gries) about the same age as Emerson, is also his real-life wife.
- Emerson graduated from South Tama County High School in Tama, Iowa.
- Graduate of Drake University, where he earned a degree in Theater Arts.
- In 1995, he graduated from the prestigious Professional Actor Training M. F. A. program run jointly by the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and The University of Alabama Department of Theater and Dance.
- Worked as a freelance illustrator for publications like The Boston Globe and The New York Times.