Feb. 1st, 1971
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Michael C. Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Michael Carlyle Hall is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Dexter Morgan, a serial killer and blood spatter analyst in the Showtime series Dexter and as David Fisher in the HBO drama series Six Feet Under.
Michael C. Hall is a North Carolina native and graduate of NYU's Master of Fine Arts program in acting. His most recent performance was on Broadway as the emcee in Cabaret. Hall has previously starred in nearly a dozen major off-Broadway plays, including Macbeth for the New York Shakespeare Festival, Cymbeline for the New York Shakespeare Festival at Central Park's Delacorte Theater, Timon of Athens and Henry V at the Public, The English Teachers for Manhattan Class Company, "Corpus Christi" at the Manhattan Theatre Club, and Skylight at the Mark Taper Forum.
Most recently he will appear in Shadowplay, a TV series to be released in 2020
- Married co-star Jennifer Carpenter December 31, 2008 at Big Sur, California.
- An accomplished theater actor who's starred in nearly a dozen major off-Broadway plays.
- Appeared on Broadway alongside ex-wife, 'Amy Spanger' (qv), in the revival of Chicago. He played Billy Flynn, and she played Roxie Hart.
- Graduate of Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 1993.
- Ex-wife 'Amy Spanger' (qv) is a stage actress who's starred on Broadway in "Kiss Me Kate," "Tick...tick... BOOM!," and Boston production of "Rent.".
- Wife 'Jennifer Carpenter (III)' (qv) plays his sister on _"Dexter" (2006)_ (qv).
- His father died of cancer when he was 11.
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1996).