Jul. 30th, 1938
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Although he has appeared in numerous television shows and films in a career that spans six decades he is best known for his voice work in commercials, video games and cartoons.
His television credits include Get Smart, Ironside, Star Trek: The Next Generation, M*A*S*H and Six Feet Under.
He can be heard on animiated series like Justice League, Family Guy and W.I.T.C.H. and in a number of video games including Age of Empires III and Madagascar. He was the original voice of the Parkay Margarine tub and is the voice heard on commercials for Zale's Diamond Stores.
- Provided the voice of the Parkay tub for the first five years of the Parkay Margarine commercials.
- When the animated GI Joe series of the 1980s aired, his character, Duke, led the heroes into battle shouting, "Yo, Joe!" in the opening credits. His voice always remained in place, even though the credits were later changed to show the character Flint (who was voiced by 'Bill Ratner' (qv)) leading the heroes into battle.
- Does commercials spoofing his _"SuperFriends" (1973)_ character Zan on Cartoon Network, the cable channel.
- Does all the voice-overs for Zale's Diamond Stores.
- Was one of the most prominent voice actors of the 1980s, providing multiple voices for GI Joe and Transformers, respectively.
Related sites for this celeb