May. 16th, 1977
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Melanie Lynskey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
At 16 years old, Melanie Lynskey wowed audiences with her explosive portrayal of a teenage murderess in 'Peter Jackson's Academy Award-nominated Heavenly Creatures (1994), opposite 'Kate Winslet'. Despite spending four years out of the limelight to attend university and re-locate to Los Angeles, the New Zealand native made a welcome return to the silver screen when she starred alongside 'Drew Barrymore' in the acclaimed Ever After (1998). She's since appeared in Coyote Ugly (2000), 'Stephen King's Rose Red (2002), Sweet Home Alabama (2002), Shattered Glass (2003), Flags of Our Fathers (2006), Comanche Moon (2008), Away We Go (2009) and The Informant! (2009), and turns up regularly as Rose - Charlie Sheen's adorable stalker - on the Emmy Award-winning Two and a Half Men (2003).
- Frequently works with past co-stars.
- Received coaching from co-star 'Sarah Peirse' (qv) for her role in _Heavenly Creatures (1994)_ (qv).
- Is a good friend with _Detroit Rock City (1999)_ (qv) co-star 'Sam Huntington (I)' (qv).
- Has three younger brothers and one younger sister.
- Auditioned for roles in _The Crucible (1996)_ (qv), _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv) and _Cousin Bette (1998)_ (qv).
- Friends with 'Natasha Lyonne' (qv).
- Was the first person to kiss 'Kate Winslet' (qv) in a film (_Heavenly Creatures (1994)_ (qv)).
- Was FilmForce Celeb of the Day on October 18, 2002.