Nov. 12th, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Megan Mullally's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Megan is an only child born in Los Angeles, California. Her mother, Martha, was a model. Her father, 'Carter Mullally Jr.', is a retired contract player for Paramount. Megan first entered Northwestern University intending to study acting, but switched to English literature. However, she still ended up starring in several campus musicals, which gained attention from producers and prompted her to drop out of school. In 1985, she moved to Los Angeles with no particular success. But, in 1994, she co-starred in Greas" with 'Rosie O'Donnell' and, in 1995, in How To Succeed In Business with 'Matthew Broderick'. Her star has been rising ever since.
- Lives in West Hollywood, California with her poodles, Willa and Elmo.
- Attended Northwestern University
- Before she was cast to appear with Debra Messing on "Will & Grace", Megan Mullally appeared on an episode of Messing's previous series "Ned and Stacey" (1997).
- She recently starred in and directed an original performance art piece, The Sweetheart Break-In. The band released a CD of some of the songs in the show, called 'The Supreme Music Program: The Sweetheart Break-In'.
- Her father, 'Carter Mullally Jr.' (qv), who died in the late '90s, was a contract player with Paramount in the 1950s. Her mother, Martha, was a former model.
- She almost wound up in the role of Carrie in _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv).
- Originally auditioned for "Grace" on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv), but was later cast as "Karen".