May. 28th, 1983
Spokane, Washington, USA
Megalyn Echikunwoke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Megalyn Ann Echikunwoke was born May 28, 1983 in Spokane, Washington. Her father is Nigerian and her mother is of Caucasin descent. Her last name Echikunwoke means "leader of men" and Megalyn is the granddaughter of a Nigerian tribal leader of the Igbo, which technically makes her African royalty. She is known for playing Nicole Palmer in the first season of 24, Angie Barnett (Kelso's girlfriend) in the seventh season of that 70's show and Isabelle Tyler in The 4400. She was raised on a Navajo Indian Reservation in Chinle, Arizona. She was discovered at 14 years old when she was performing in an arts academy summer camp play, and have ever since had long distance relationship with Hollywood. She later began auditioning for parts via videotape, and then she and her mom would make the long drive from Arizona. Her persistence paid off and at age 15 she was cast as the young female lead in the ABC/Peter Benchley miniseries "Creature." Megalyn and her family moved to Los Angeles where she enrolled in high school and immersed herself in the theatre department. She appeared opposite Alfre Woodard in the cable feature "Funny Valentines." Megalyn was a series regular in the sci-fi series The 4400, playing the adult version of the mysterious Isabelle Tyler since the beginning of season 3. Other notable characters include the daughter in Like Family. She has had guest roles in numerous shows including Boston Public, ER, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, That '70s Show, Veronica Mars, and most recently Supernatural. In early 2008 she starred opposite Alessandro Nivola in an independent movie directed by Jerry Zaks titled "Who Do You Love" where she played a heroin addicted lounge singer. She did all of her own singing in the movie. Megalyn recently joined the cast of CSI MIami to play the new medical examiner Dr. Tara Price.
- Has a brother named Miki and a sister named Misty.
- She is of Nigerian royalty through her Igbo father.
- Loves to sing and is passionate about pursuing a career in music, as well. Other hobbies include surfing, dancing and traveling.
- Her last name is Nigerian and it means "leader of men". She is half Nigerian from her father's side.
- Her mother is American of German/Scots-Irish descent.
- Friends with 'Olivia Wilde (II)' (qv) and 'Tao Ruspoli' (qv).
- While Megalyn is not Navajo she grew up on a Navajo Indian Reservation in Chinle, Arizona.