Feb. 12th, 1945
Luleå, Norrbottens län, Sweden
Maud Adams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Stunning Swedish born ex-model who broke into film in 1970, and quickly appeared in several high profile films including playing the ex-wife of James Caan (I) in the futuristic Rollerball (1975) and the ill-fated lover of super assassin "Scaramanga" played by Christopher Lee (I) in The Man with the Golden Gun (1974).
To date, the beautiful Maud Adams has appeared in three James Bond films.....the other two performances were as the lead villain in Octopussy (1983) and as an extra in A View to a Kill (1985). She has appeared in numerous TV specials on the Bond series of films, and also played the love interest of kooky Bruce Dern in Tattoo (1981). In the late 1990s, Adams had a regular role on a Swedish TV soap opera; however, she has not been seen on cinema screens since late 1996.
- Former model.
- First husband Roy Adams was a graphic artist and a fashion photographer. One of the best and most respected photographers throughout the 1970s. He still lives and works in New York City
- Daughter of Thyra, a government tax inspector, and Gustav Wikström.
- To date (2007) Adams is the only actress to play a title role in a Bond movie which she did in _Octopussy (1983)_ (qv). Also happens to be the only woman in the series to play two different leading characters: Andrea Anders in _The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)_ (qv) and the aforementioned title role.
- Her husband is a judge
- She appeared as an extra in _A View to a Kill (1985)_ (qv) whilst visiting the set of 'Roger Moore (I)' (qv)'s final Bond film.
- Has appeared in three Bond movies (the only Bond Girl to do so). She starred in _Octopussy (1983)_ (qv), _The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)_ (qv) and appeared as an extra in a crowd scene in _A View to a Kill (1985)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb