Dec. 8th, 1966
Los Angeles, California, USA
Matthew Laborteaux's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Matthew Labyorteaux began working in commercials at the age of seven, having been discovered while accompanying his older brother, Patrick Labyorteaux, to a casting call. He shortly thereafter landed his first dramatic role in A Woman Under the Influence, where he played one of Peter Falk and Gena Rowlands' children.
Aside from his tenure on Little House on the Prairie, Labyorteaux also starred in the short-lived television series The Red Hand Gang (1977) and Whiz Kids (1983–1984), in addition to several made-for-television movies.
Labyorteaux's most prominent film role was in the 1986 Wes Craven failure Deadly Friend as Paul Conway, a young genius who resurrects a dead girl using an artificial intelligence microchip from a robot he created that had previously been destroyed by a malicious neighbor.
During his most active years, Labyorteaux made guest appearances on numerous television shows, including The Rookies, The Bob Newhart Show, Mulligan's Stew, Lou Grant, Here's Boomer (spin-off of The Red Hand Gang), The Love Boat, Simon and Simon (crossover episode with Whiz Kids), Highway to Heaven, Night Court, Paradise, and Silk Stalkings.
Most recently, Labyorteaux has worked as a voice actor, providing characterizations in video games and animated features, additional dialogue recording in film and television, and voice-over in advertisements.
- On "The Little House on the Prairie" a few season before he played the "Ingalls" adopted son "Albert" he played a young "Charles Ingalls" (Michael Landon) in an episode where "Charles Ingalls" remembers his past.
- Son of 'Frances Marshall' (qv).
- Brother of actor 'Patrick Labyorteaux' (qv) and 'Jane Laborteaux' (qv).
- Brother-in-law of 'Tina Albanese' (qv).
- In 1992, he and his brother, actor 'Patrick Labyorteaux' (qv), with whom he founded the Youth Rescue Fund, a charity dedicated to helping runaways, appeared before a House sub-committee to plead the case of runaways and raised $11 million for youth shelters across America.
- Was born with autism and a hole in his heart.
- He is adopted.
Related sites for this celeb