Jan. 4th, 1958
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Matt Frewer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Washington D.C. and raised in Canada, Frewer attended the same Peterborough, Ontario area high school as his PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal (1996) co-star 'Barclay Hope'.
He trained for the stage in England, spending several years in such varied UK productions as The Glass Menagerie, Bent and A Comedy of Errors. He has performed in dozens of feature films, TV movies and series. A committed environmentalist, Frewer is a spokesperson for the Rainforest Action Network.
When not on location, he and his wife, 'Amanda Hillwood', and their daughter divide their time between Malibu, California and the Gatineau Hills of Quebec.
- Matt was the Quarterback on his high school football team in Canada.
- Has starred in three movies based on 'Stephen King (I)' (qv) works: _Riding the Bullet (2004)_ (qv), _Desperation (2006) (TV)_ (qv) and _"The Stand" (1994)_ (qv), as well as a sequel to another 'Stephen King (I)' (qv) story: "The Lawnmower Man" which was _Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996)_ (qv), where he replaced 'Jeff Fahey' (qv) as the leading character Jobe.
- He appeared as Max Headroom in the music video and on the song "Paranoimia" by 'The Art of Noise' (qv).
- Along with 'Amanda Pays' (qv) and 'William Morgan Sheppard' (qv), he is one of only three actors to appear in both _Max Headroom (1985) (TV)_ (qv) and _"Max Headroom" (1987)_ (qv).
- His father was a hockey player who also served in the Army for 36 years.
- Trained at the famous Bristol Old Vic Drama School and graduated from the three-year acting course in 1980