May. 14th, 1976
Hackney, London, England, UK
Martine McCutcheon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Martine was born on the 14th of May 1976 in Hackney, East London. Her mother Jenny is her manager and looks after her fan club. She has a little brother called L.J and sister, Isla. She studied at the renowned Italia Conti stage school in London from the age of 10. She appeared in several billboard ads as a child, then won a part in the BBC children's series Bluebirds in '89, after which further TV and theatre roles followed. At 15 she was picked to front the all-girl band 'Milan', who went on tour with East 17, but they disbanded in April '94. But Martine's big break came in January '95 with the part of Tiffany Raymond in 'Eastenders'. During her 4 years on the soap, 'Tiff' married 'Grant', had a daughter, and found a place in the nation's heart. But she has now left the series to pursue a singing career. She has so far released 2 hit singles ('Perfect Moment' and 'I've Got You') and a best selling album. Her next single 'Love Me' is released on 22nd November in aid of Children in Need.
- (December, 1999) 3rd single "Love Me/Talking In Your Sleep" entered the UK charts at its peak position of number 6.
- Trained at The Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts - other performers to train at the academy include 'Kelly Brook' (qv), 'Emily Lloyd' (qv), 'Stephen Manwaring' (qv), 'Richard Todd (I)' (qv) and 'Noel Coward' (qv).
- Was in a relationship with her _"EastEnders" (1985)_ (qv) co-star 'Paul Nicholls (I)' (qv) (1996-1997).
- (February, 2001) 5th single "On The Radio" entered the UK chart at its peak position of number 7.
- Featured as guest vocalist on Uno Clio's 1995 song "Are you Man Enough" (Avex UK) which reached the UK Singles Chart at #62
- (September, 1999) 2nd single "I've Got You" entered the UK chart at its peak position of number 6.
- (18 April 1999) Début single "Perfect Moment" entered the UK charts at number 1, and remained there for two weeks.
- (November, 2000) 4th single "I'm Over You" entered the UK chart at its peak position of number 2.