Apr. 12th, 1974
Los Angeles, California, USA
Marley Shelton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marley Shelton first captured the attention of filmgoers as "Margaret", Tobey Maguire's love interest, in New Line's critically acclaimed film Pleasantville (1998) and has continued to appear in roles that show her versatility as an actress. She is currently the female lead, Rachel Young, in Jerry Bruckheimer's Eleventh Hour (2008) on CBS Primetime.
Born and raised in Los Angeles. Marley grew up in Eagle Rock, California. Her mother, Carol, was a teacher and former singer and her father, 'Christopher Shelton', worked as a director and producer. She has three sisters: Koren, Erin and 'Samantha Shelton'. Both of her parents were involved in local theater projects, but as a teen, Marley was never interested in life on the stage. While at Eagle Rock High School, she was a varsity cheerleader, was voted Prom Queen and held part-time jobs at stores like Contempo and Wet Seal.
Shelton attended UCLA where she majored in Film and Theatre. She supported herself through small parts in feature films, television movies and episodic appearances. Her "hobby" grew into a passion while she studied acting with Larry Moss and, as a result, she decided to pursue a career as an actress.
Shelton made her feature debut in Grand Canyon (1991). Since then, she has starred in numerous box office hits including The Sandlot Kids (1993), Never Been Kissed (1999), The Bachelor (1999), Valentine (2001), Sugar & Spice (2001), Just a Kiss (2002), Uptown Girls (2003), Don't Come Knocking (2005), Sin City (2005), Grindhouse (2007), Nixon (1995), Warriors of Virtue (1997), and, most recently, A Perfect Getaway (2009), Our Lady of Victory, Women in Trouble (2009) and Untitled.
Shelton resides in Los Angeles. She owns two dogs named Jackson and Bella who are Pit Bull/Tosa mixes. She loves to travel and has visited countries throughout Asia, South America and Africa. She enjoys keeping fit with a regiment of yoga and pilates.
- Ranked #98 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)
- (July 2001) Engaged to producer 'Beau Flynn' (qv).
- She was announced for the part of "Annabeth Schott" in _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)'s 6th season but was replaced by actress 'Kristin Chenoweth' (qv) when the character was aged a bit and submitted to a few changes.
- Daughter of director 'Christopher Shelton (I)' (qv)
- Expecting her first child in Fall 2009. [March 13, 2009].
- Sister of 'Samantha Shelton' (qv).
- Studies acting with Ivana Chubbuck.
- Her high school prom date was with her boyfriend at the time - _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) actor, 'Nicholas Brendon' (qv). He bought her 100 roses, wore a tux and drove a black convertible Mustang. Marley said that he "totally did it right".