May. 3rd, 1960
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Mark Thomas Miller's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mark Thomas Miller was born in Louisville, Kentucky, grew up in Glen Ellyn Illinois, and went to High School in Albany NY. His father is a retired grain merchant and his mother is celebrated oil painter Mary Miller. After one year at Wagner College on Staten Island NY he dropped out to pursue his career in New York City which included studying at the Actors Studio with the late Lee Strasburg and appearing in numerous plays and commercials. He eventually moved to Los Angeles and got his big break in the NBC series Misfits of Science. In 1991 he was in a disfiguring accident that stalled his career so he became a building contractor specializing in home remodeling for the handicapped which he did until 2003. Mark made a minor attempt at reviving his career which included performing at the Groundling Improv Group but soon found out that he had lost the patience for the business of acting. In 2003 he started a product engineering and development company. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife.
- Works part time as a rescue diver in Los Angeles.
- During his late teens and 20s he worked as a doorman at various night clubs in NYC including CBGB's, The Mud Club, and the original Studio 54.
- Three of the houses he built were shown on MTV's Cribs.
- (5/20/09) Mark owns one of the largest souvenir manufacturing and supply companies in Las Vegas and a Tool design company in Santa Monica, CA.
- Before his big break he worked as a bodyguard for Van Halen and operated an after hours club in Hollywood owned by David Lee Roth.
- He has been awarded numerous patents for his designs and inventions.
- He was in the Groundlings for three years and co-wrote sketches that appeared on Saturday Night Live and MadTV.
Related sites for this celeb