London, England, UK
Mark Strong's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mark Strong was born in London. He first intended to pursue a career in law but returned after studying in Munich for one year to university in London (where he studied English and Drama) before he went to the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. He has appeared in numerous British stage productions, including at the Royal National Theatre and the RSC.
- Born "Marco Giuseppe Salussolia" in London to an Italian father and an Austrian mother.
- Got down to the last two for the role of Anton Chigurh in "No Country For Old Men". Originally turned down "Body of Lies" because his wife was pregnant with their second child.
- He has appeared in two films where the lead male character is named Tristan. "StarDust" and "Tristan & Isolde".
- Speaks fluent German.
- He was nominated for a 2003 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role of 2002 for his performance in Twelfth Night performed at the Donmar Warehouse.
- Has appeared in two films named Sunshine.