Jul. 24th, 1936
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Mark Goddard's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lowell, Massachusetts (July 24, 1936), the actor (real name: Charles Goddard) grew up in Scituate, Massachusetts, where his father owned a five-and-ten. At Holy Cross, the head of the dramatic society encouraged him to become an actor and, soon, Goddard was off to Manhattan, attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He worked with stock companies and made guest appearances on TV before landing regular parts on TV series of his own. Throughout his acting career, in between jobs, Goddard has worked with children, from Head Start programs in California to Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. His daughter, Melissa Goddard (I), is a producer; the two co-wrote 1992's Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even (1992), a film about Mark's work with "at-risk" kids.
- Has Masters Degree in Education,
- He is a distant cousin of Robert Goddard, one of the pioneers of modern rocket technology.
- Got his education degree from Bridgewater State College (Bridgewater, MA)
- Interviewed in Tom Weaver's book "They Fought in the Creature Features" (McFarland & Co., 1995).
- Co-starred with actor 'Jared Morrison' (qv) in the pilot episode of "Voyages of the USS sagacity," a sci-fi children's television show.
- It was Mark Goddard and his (then) wife Marcia who discovered murdered body of starlet 'Karyn Kupcinet' (qv) in November 1963.
- In July 2006, he was a guest at the Western Film Fair in Charlotte, North Carolina along with 'Marjorie Lord' (qv), 'Ben Murphy (I)' (qv), 'Roger Davis (II)' (qv), 'Steve Kanaly' (qv), 'Russ Tamblyn' (qv), 'Coleen Gray' (qv), 'Ronnie Schell' (qv), 'Tom Reese' (qv), and 'Cheryl Rogers (I)' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb