Oct. 25th, 1928
Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Marion Ross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Beloved television actress Marion Ross was born on October 25, 1928, in Albert Lea, Minnesota, and dreamed of becoming an actress at an early age. When Ross was just 13 years old, she changed the spelling of her name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it would look better on a marquee. She started taking drama lessons as a high school student at Minneapolis' MacPhail Center for the Arts.
As a teenager, Ross and her family moved to San Diego, California, where she enrolled at San Diego State College. There, she continued to pursue her passion for performing. Ross's talent became apparent early on—she earned the title of "most outstanding actress" during her first year.
- Mother-in-law of 'Tamra Meskimen' (qv).
- Lives with 'Paul Michael (IV)' (qv)
- Older sister, Alicia, and younger brother, Gordon.
- She lives in the San Fernando Valley, California in a country-style home which she calls "Happy Days farm"
- Mother of actor 'Jim Meskimen' (qv) and actress 'Ellen Plummer' (qv).
- She appeared on Broadway in 1987 with 'Jean Stapleton' (qv) in a revival of "Arsenic and Old Lace."
- Best remembered by the public for her role as "Marion Cunningham" on the television series _"Happy Days" (1974)_ (qv).
- She is the Associate Artist for the Old Globe Theater in San Diego, California.