Mar. 29th, 1955
London, England, UK
5' 4 1/2"
Marina Sirtis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marina Sirtis was born to Greek parents who didn't want her to become an actress. As soon as Marina completed high school, she applied to the Guild Hall School of Music and Drama secretly. After her graduation, she worked in musical theater, repertory, and television. In 1986, she moved to Los Angeles, California. For six months she auditioned for parts but was unsuccessful. Just before she planned to go back home, she got the part of Counselor Deanna Troi in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987). In 1992 she married Michael Lamper, a rock guitarist.
- Parents: John and Despina Sirtis.
- Has appeared in episodes of four different series with 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv): _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv), _"Gargoyles" (1994)_ (qv), _"Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles" (1996)_ (qv), and _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- Last name is pronounced SIR-tiss (October 2007).
- Has attended "Star Trek" conventions in Alberta, Canada, at least four times as of June 2004. She has visited Calgary, Alberta; Edmonton, Alberta; and Vulcan, Alberta.
- Along with 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), 'Armin Shimerman' (qv), 'John de Lancie' (qv), 'Michael Ansara' (qv), and 'Richard Poe' (qv), she is one of only six actors to play the same character on three different 'Star Trek' series. She played Counselor Deanna Troi in _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv), _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv), and _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- Originally auditioned for the part of Tasha Yar in _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv).
- Occasionally attends Star Trek conventions so that her loving fans can meet her, and she can meet the fans.
- After 'Gene Roddenberry' (qv)'s death, she explained how his death reminded her of her own father's. She mourned along with Majel Barrett-Roddenberry and admitted she felt as close to a real-life daughter to Majel as the on-screen daughter she played.