Apr. 18th, 1967
Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
Maria Bello's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Maria Bello (born April 18, 1967) in Norristown, Pennsylvania. She went to Villanova University, majoring in political science. She had every intention of becoming a lawyer, but she took an acting class during her senior year, just for fun. She discovered she was very good at it, and she was soon cast in small off-Broadway plays, such as "The Killer Inside Me, Small Town Gals With Big Problems and Urban Planning. She later guest-starred on episodes of The Commish (1991), Nowhere Man (1995), Misery Loves Company (1995) and Due South (1994).
Bello got her big break when producers 'Kenny Lenhart' and 'John J. Sakmar' cast her in the spy show Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1996) as Mrs. Smith (they remembered her from her performance in a failed pilot that was a remake of the classic TV series 77 Sunset Strip (1958)). The show was canceled after eight weeks on the air. Then came a spot on ER (1994) as Dr. Anna Del Amico, in which she guest-starred on the final three episodes of the third season. The show's producers were so impressed with her that they asked her back as a regular on the series.
- (5 March 2001) Maria and her TV exec boyfriend, 'Dan McDermott (II)' (qv), welcomed their first child, Jackson Blue McDermott.
- Comes from a Polish and Italian Family.
- Became good friends with 'Mariska Hargitay' (qv) when Hargitay had a recurring role as Cynthia Hooper on _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) from 1997-1998.
- Her greatest memory from the set of _The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)_ (qv) was being in the desert playing football with 15 stunt men dressed as mummies.
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2006.
- Practices Muay Thai (lethal) kickboxing.
- Best friends with 'Carrie-Anne Moss' (qv). Maria is the godmother of Carrie-Anne's first son, and Carrie-Anne is the godmother of Maria's son Jack.
- Works with "Save the Children", nurturing kids in need.