May. 26th, 1958
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Margaret Colin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
After graduating from Hofstra University, Colin began her acting career in the soap opera The Edge of Night, playing an heiress and former terrorist. In seven months on that show, her character survived seven murder attempts and ended up marrying her stepbrother. She followed that role with a longer stint on As the World Turns, originating the role of Margo Montgomery, a character that endured nearly 30 years.
She has appeared on a number of prime time television shows, starting with Foley Square, Leg Work, and several early episodes of Chicago Hope. She played Lisa Wiseman on the 1999 series Now and Again, with Eric Close and Dennis Haysbert. More recently, she has appeared on the Law & Order spinoffs. In 2003, she appeared in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (Season 4 Episode 16) "Tortured". Colin played a mother/bakery owner who was later arrested for murder
From 2007 to 2013, Colin played Eleanor Waldorf, mother of Blair Waldorf, on the television show Gossip Girl. In the pilot episode, Eleanor was played by OLTL actress Florencia Lozano.
Colin has also been in a number of movies, the most well-known of which are probably Something Wild (1986), Three Men and a Baby (1987), The Butcher's Wife, Independence Day (1996), Unfaithful (2002), and First Daughter (2004). She also appeared in the play Jackie: An American Life, in which she played Jacqueline Kennedy.
During her 2003 performance of the English play A Day in the Death of Joe Egg on Broadway, Colin smoked her way through the second half of the show and dedicated the performance to Mayor Michael Bloomberg in defiance of the state's smoking ban. After the play finished its run, she gave up smoking.
- Attended Hofstra University.
- Daughter of a New York City police officer, she was born in Brooklyn, raised on Long Island and graduated from Baldwin High School, Baldwin, New York, in 1976.
- Graduated Baldwin High School, Baldwin, New York in 1976
- Two sons with 'Justin Deas' (qv) - Sam (b. 1990) and Joseph (b. 1993).
- Stepmother of her husband, 'Justin Deas' (qv)'s daughter from his first marriage.
- Portrayed Jacqueline Kennedy in the play "Jackie", which opened in New York City in November 1997.
- Colin is a pro-life activist and is the honorary co-chair of Feminists for Life, an organization opposed to abortion.
- Met and married husband/actor Justin Deas when he played her love interest on the daytime soap "As the World Turns". She played policewoman Margo Montgomery. The couple married in January 1988 and have two sons, Sam and Joe.
Related sites for this celeb