Oct. 3rd, 1961
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Marcus Giamatti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marcus Giamatti is best known for the role of "Peter Gray", on the long-running CBS drama Judging Amy (1999).
Giamatti is also an accomplished, professional bass guitarist, playing in several bands in Los Angeles, including the alternative country artist Olivea Watson (2007 Gibson Artist Of The Year). Marcus is also a session musician, and a member of Musician's Local 47.
His extensive theater credits include stints on Broadway in 'Horton Foote's Young Man From Atlanta, and Measure For Measure at Lincoln Center. Off-Broadway, Giamatti has appeared in numerous shows at MTC, The Lambs and WPA. Regionally, he has worked at The Guthrie, Seattle Rep., Yale Rep., Long Wharf, over 20 productions at The Williamstown Theater Festival, Hartford Stage, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, The Goodman, and The Eugene O'Neill Playrights Conference.
- He was the Captain of his high school varsity swimming team, as a senior, at Hopkins, in New Haven, Connecticut.
- He and his wife Bree have one child, a daughter: Ophelia Rosalee Giamatti.
- Marcus was a member of the Bowdoin College Varsity Swimming Team. He specialized in the 50 and 100 yard Freestyle.
- Marcus received his Actor's Equity card at The Williamstown Theater Festival in 1987.
- Played the role of Marlowe, in Goldsmith's "She Stoops To Conquer" at The Seattle Rep, The Guthrie and Long Wharf.
- Brother-in-law of 'Elizabeth Giamatti' (qv).
- He has twice played in The Legends and Celebrity Softball Game as part of The Major League All Star Game, in both Pittsburgh (2006) and San Francisco (2007).
- Marcus' great grandfather, Commodore Alfred Brown, was the first and only man to swim the Panama Canal. This was accomplished with permission from President Teddy Roosevelt in 1913, before the canal was opened to commercial traffic.
Related sites for this celeb