Oct. 3rd, 1961
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Marcus Giamatti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marcus Giamatti is best known for the role of "Peter Gray", on the long-running CBS drama Judging Amy (1999).
Giamatti is also an accomplished, professional bass guitarist, playing in several bands in Los Angeles, including the alternative country artist Olivea Watson (2007 Gibson Artist Of The Year). Marcus is also a session musician, and a member of Musician's Local 47.
His extensive theater credits include stints on Broadway in 'Horton Foote's Young Man From Atlanta, and Measure For Measure at Lincoln Center. Off-Broadway, Giamatti has appeared in numerous shows at MTC, The Lambs and WPA. Regionally, he has worked at The Guthrie, Seattle Rep., Yale Rep., Long Wharf, over 20 productions at The Williamstown Theater Festival, Hartford Stage, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, The Goodman, and The Eugene O'Neill Playrights Conference.
- His bass recording work includes sessions with such distinguished musicians as Doug Pettibone, Lucinda Williams, Don Heffington, Bob Dylan, Skip Edwards, Dwight Yoakum, James Brown and drummer Otis Hayes.
- Marcus was a member of the Bowdoin College Varsity Swimming Team. He specialized in the 50 and 100 yard Freestyle.
- Received the Carol Dye Award for Excellence in Acting upon his graduation from The Yale School Of Drama.
- The original bass player for the Southern California jam band the Rebel Soul Band.
- Has performed many of Shakespeare's greatest roles from Henry in "Henry V", to the tittle role in "Macbeth", to Bottom in a Midsummer Night's Dream, and Silvius in "As You Like It'".
- He and his wife Bree have one child, a daughter: Ophelia Rosalee Giamatti.
- Marcus originated the role of Tom Jackson, in the debut Broadway production of Horton Foote's Pulitzer Prize winning and Tony nominated play, The Young Man From Atlanta.
- Played the role of Marlowe, in Goldsmith's "She Stoops To Conquer" at The Seattle Rep, The Guthrie and Long Wharf.
Related sites for this celeb