Mar. 25th, 1962
Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
Marcia Cross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marcia Cross is an incredibly beautiful and talented actress. In the 1980s and 1990s, she did soap operas like "The Edge of Night" (1956), "Knots Landing" (1979) and "One Life to Live" (1968). In 1992, she got her big break when she was picked for the cast of the hit nighttime drama, "Melrose Place" (1992). Her character, Kimberly Shaw, is one of the most memorable characters in television and considered by most the glue of the show.
In 1993, her long-time companion, Richard Jordan (I), died. In 1997, after six years on "Melrose Place" (1992), she left the show to get her Master's Degree. She did several films from 1997 to 2003, when she snapped back into television on the hit drama series "Everwood" (2002).
She left "Everwood" (2002) after one season to take what has proven to be the biggest role in her career: Bree Van De Kamp on the surprise hit "Desperate Housewives" (2004). For her work on "Housewives" she's gotten herself her first award nominations: a Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte, TV Guide Award and SAG Award. The conventional wisdom is that she will be sticking with "Housewives" for awhile, and is likely to be nominated for more awards because of it.
- Cross, along with her _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) cast mates 'Brenda Strong' (qv) and 'Teri Hatcher' (qv), has guest-starred on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) unlike the other two, though, Cross only appeared in one episode.
- Twin daughters Eden and Savannah were christened on Sunday 17th June 2007 in a family ceremony at Santa Barbara's Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Placed 20 on E! Television's List Of "The 50 Most Wicked Women of Primetime" for playing Kimberly Shaw on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv).
- Her sister Susan was maid of honor at her wedding to Mahoney and her nephew Jared the ring bearer. Her other sister Ellen sang the song "Only Love Remains" for Marcia and her husband.
- Was named The Most Beautiful Person At The 2005 Emmy Awards
- During a 2005 interview with the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) stars, she was visibly delighted when 'Jamie Theakston' (qv) pronounced her name as "Mar-see-ah". Cross turned to her co-star, 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv), and stated that she loves the way British people pronounce her name. It was revealed that although most Americans called her "Marsha", her co-star Longoria calls her "Mar-see-ah".
- Among the 220 guests at her wedding were 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv), 'Felicity Huffman' (qv), 'Brenda Strong' (qv) and 'William H. Macy' (qv).
- Her favorite charity is the Panzi Hospital in East Congo.