Mar. 25th, 1962
Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
Marcia Cross' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Marcia Cross is an incredibly beautiful and talented actress. In the 1980s and 1990s, she did soap operas like "The Edge of Night" (1956), "Knots Landing" (1979) and "One Life to Live" (1968). In 1992, she got her big break when she was picked for the cast of the hit nighttime drama, "Melrose Place" (1992). Her character, Kimberly Shaw, is one of the most memorable characters in television and considered by most the glue of the show.
In 1993, her long-time companion, Richard Jordan (I), died. In 1997, after six years on "Melrose Place" (1992), she left the show to get her Master's Degree. She did several films from 1997 to 2003, when she snapped back into television on the hit drama series "Everwood" (2002).
She left "Everwood" (2002) after one season to take what has proven to be the biggest role in her career: Bree Van De Kamp on the surprise hit "Desperate Housewives" (2004). For her work on "Housewives" she's gotten herself her first award nominations: a Golden Globe, Golden Satelitte, TV Guide Award and SAG Award. The conventional wisdom is that she will be sticking with "Housewives" for awhile, and is likely to be nominated for more awards because of it.
- Family: Father Mark, mother Janet, sisters Susan and Ellen
- Named one of People Magazines' 100 Most Beautiful in 2008.
- Was once considered for the role of Madeleine White in _Inside Man (2006)_ (qv), but was not able to due to her commitment to the TV series _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv). 'Jodie Foster' (qv) got the part.
- During a 2005 interview with the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) stars, she was visibly delighted when 'Jamie Theakston' (qv) pronounced her name as "Mar-see-ah". Cross turned to her co-star, 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv), and stated that she loves the way British people pronounce her name. It was revealed that although most Americans called her "Marsha", her co-star Longoria calls her "Mar-see-ah".
- Placed 91 on People Magazine's List Of "The 100 Most Beautiful People In The World" In 2006.
- Among the 220 guests at her wedding were 'Eva Longoria Parker' (qv), 'Felicity Huffman' (qv), 'Brenda Strong' (qv) and 'William H. Macy' (qv).
- Education: Was graduated from the Juilliard School in New York, and Earned master's degree in psychology at LA's Antioch University.
- Played a doctor on _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv), _"Everwood" (2002)_ (qv) and episode #9.7 of _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).