Aug. 7th, 1961
New York City, New York, USA
Maggie Wheeler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Margaret Emily "Maggie" Wheeler is best known for her role as Janice on the TV show Friends. In the 1980s, Wheeler (under her maiden name of Jakobson) briefly dabbled in voice acting on the animated series SilverHawks, where she provided all the female voices, specifically the villainess Melodia and the heroine Steelheart/Emily Hart, and on the Karate Kat and Mini-Monsters segments of The Comic Strip.
She auditioned for the role of Monica Geller, on the American sitcom Friends. Although she did not land that role, she was invited to play Janice Goralnik, a recurring character who was a frequent love interest of main character Chandler Bing.
She also auditioned for the role of Debra Barone, on the American sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond. Although she was the producers' choice, CBS ended up selecting Patricia Heaton. Instead, Wheeler played the recurring role of Debra's friend, Linda.
According to Kathy Griffin's autobiography, Official Book Club Selection, Wheeler was cast in the role of Vicki for the pilot episode of Suddenly Susan and was eventually replaced by Griffin.
She had a star billing in the first season of Ellen. She appeared on the hit comedy Seinfeld in the episode "The Fix-Up", as one of Elaine's friends who is set up with George. She has appeared in many other TV programs, including Drake & Josh, ER, The X Files, The War at Home, Will & Grace, Jack and Jill, How I Met Your Mother and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
In 1997, Wheeler voiced Harley Quinn's replacement in the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Joker's Millions". In 1998, she appeared in the remake of Disney's The Parent Trap, playing the younger of a mother-daughter pair of camp counselors. She also guest starred in the Disney Channel Original Series Shake It Up as Dina's Mom.
In 2005, Wheeler starred opposite David DeLuise on the NBC pilot The Sperm Donor. Wheeler provided the voice of Odile in Barbie of Swan Lake, and in 2010 she voiced Trinette in four episodes of Archer on FX
- Auditioned for the role of Monica on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) Vicki on _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv) and Debra on _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv). Didn't get any of these parts, but appeared on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) and _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) in recurring roles.
- She has two children, both girls and five years apart in age. She really was pregnant with her elder daughter when her _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) character Janice turned up heavily pregnant in one episode of the sitcom.
- Voiced all the female characters, namely the evil Melodia and the heroic Emily Hart/Steelheart on the Silverhawks animated series of the mid 1980s.
- Former girlfriend of 'David Duchovny' (qv).
- Played Marcy in the original pilot for the comedy series _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv). A few months after the pilot was shot, the format of the show was changed and the character later became Vicki and went to 'Kathy Griffin' (qv).
- Her nasal voice as "Janice Litman" in "Friends" is not her real voice. Her real voice is actually a normal female voice and can be heard in shows such as "Everybody Loves Raymond".
Related sites for this celeb