Aug. 18th, 1958
Los Angeles, California, USA
Madeleine Stowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Madeleine Stowe (born August 18, 1958) grew up in Eagle Rock, a working-class neighborhood of Los Angeles. At age ten she started practicing for a career as a concert pianist and trained every day for hours. However, when her instructor died in 1976 she more or less quit playing.
She went to University of Southern California and studied cinema and journalism before taking up acting at Beverly Hills' Solaris Theater. She made a few appearances in TV and on film but her breakthrough came in 1987 with Stakeout (1987). Other major credits include The Last of the Mohicans (1992) and Short Cuts (1993).
When not filming she spends her time at her ranch in Texas, which she shares with her husband 'Brian Benben'.
- She and husband 'Brian Benben' (qv) own a working cattle ranch outside of Fredericksburg, Texas.
- Has a son (name and age unknown)
- She is half British (father) and half-Costa Rican (mother).
- In _The Last of the Mohicans (1992)_ (qv), her character is Cora Munro; in _China Moon (1994)_ (qv), it is "Rachel Munro".
- Replaced 'Faith Hill' (qv) as Julie Moore in _We Were Soldiers (2002)_ (qv).
- Pretended to be a reporter just so she could meet 'John Travolta' (qv) before she became famous.
- She played two heroines from the 'Leatherstocking Tales' by 'James Fenimore Cooper' (qv). Cora Munro (older sister) in _The Last of the Mohicans (1992)_ (qv) and Hetty Hutter (younger sister) in _The Deerslayer (1978) (TV)_ (qv).
- (1995) Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#90).