Feb. 17th, 1962
Subic Bay Naval Station, Philippines
Lou Diamond Phillips' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Phillips was born at the Subic Bay Naval Station in the Philippines, the son of Lucita Aranas and Gerald Upchurch, an officer in the United State Navy. His father was an American of Scottish-Irish and one-quarter Cherokee descent, and his mother, a native of Candelaria, Zambales, is of Filipino Spanish descent.
Phillips was named after Marine legend Leland "Lou" Diamond. After his father died, he took his stepfather's surname "Phillips" as his own.
He was raised in Texas, where he attended Flour Bluff High School in Corpus Christi graduating in 1980. He graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington with a BFA in Drama.
- Is 1/8 Cherokee.
- Is of Spanish, Scottish/Irish, Chinese, Filipino, Hawaiian, and Cherokee ancestry.
- Has 3 daughters with second wife 'Kelly Phillips (I)' (qv): twins Grace and Isabella (born 5 October 1997) and Lili Jordan (born 26 September 1999).
- He started acting in theater at the Stage West in Fort Worth, Texas.
- He was once engaged to 'Jennifer Tilly' (qv).
- Lou and his wife, Yvonne, became the parents of a girl, Indigo Sanara, on October 9, 2007.
- Turned down his role in _Supernova (2000/I)_ (qv) a few times before eventually accepting it.
- Worked at Whataburger as a teen, becoming a shift leader during his term of employment.