Nov. 17th, 1944
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lorne Michaels' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Counts _"Monty Python's Flying Circus" (1969) [TV-Series 1969-1974]_ as a major influence on his S.N.L. sketches.
- Is a long-time friend of fellow New Yorker 'Paul Simon (I)' (qv), which has led to Simon and/or his songs appearing in numerous Michaels productions, including _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) (several appearances as both host and musical guest); _The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (1978) (TV)_ (qv) (brief appearance); and _Coneheads (1993)_ (qv) (song "Kodachrome"). Michaels has also produced several of Simon's specials, including: _The Paul Simon Special (1977) (TV)_ (qv); _Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park (1982) (TV)_ (qv)_; and _Paul Simon: Born at the Right Time (1991) (TV)_ (qv).
- Received a dog-head inkwell as a gift from actress 'Reese Witherspoon' (qv) after she emceed the first post 9/11 S.N.L. show.
- Awarded the 2004 Mark Twain Prize for American Humor (given by the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts).
- 'Rosie Shuster' (qv) is the daughter of 'Frank Shuster' (qv) from comedy troupe Wayne & Shuster.
- Best Man at 'Steve Martin (I)' (qv)'s wedding to Anne Stringfield.
- Attended University of Toronto.
- His office is adjacent to the S.N.L. studio located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City.