Apr. 5th, 1961
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lisa Zane's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elizabeth Frances "Lisa" Zane (born April 5, 1961) is an American actress who has starred on stage, in film and television.
Zane was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Thalia and William George Zane, Sr., both of whom were amateur actors and founders of a school for medical technicians. Her family's original surname, "Zanikopolous", was anglicized to "Zane" by her parents. Both of her parents are of Greek descent.She is the older sister of actor Billy Zane.
Zane's first film role was in the 1989 movie Heart of Dixie and also that year, she starred in the film Gross Anatomy. Her other well known film roles include the 1990 suspense movie Bad Influence and in 1991 starred in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare as Maggie Burroughs. Her most recent film was the 2005 release Cruel But Necessary.
Zane has originated many roles on stage including Rita in Craig Lucas's Prelude to a Kiss, and Cleo in Lyle Kessler's Robbers. Her professional stage debut was in David Mamet's Adaptation of The Cherry Orchard at the Goodman Theatre
Zane has starred in many television series. She appeared on L.A. Law as Melina Paros from 1992 to 1993, as well as JoAnne Meltzer on the short-lived but critically-acclaimed television series Profit, Roar, and Dinotopia for Hallmark. Lisa did the voice of She-Hulk on the 1990's cartoon The Incredible Hulk. She most recently did the voice of Charley in the upcoming season of Biker Mice from Mars. Lisa had a recurring role on the NBC hit television series ER as Diane Leeds.
Zane has made many guest appearances tv shows,some of those shows range from Lifestories: Families in Crisis, The Outer Limits, Judging Amy, and The Division. In 2006 she guest starred in Law and Order. Lisa is a singer, BMI songwriter and recording artist. In 2006, The Songwriters Hall of Fame recognized Zane as one of their new songwriters of the year.
* Cruel But Necessary (2005) as the Gynecologist
* Dinotopia (2002) as LeSage
* The Secret Pact (2001) as Denise Wokowski
* Monkeybone (2001) as Medusa
* A Table for One (1999) as Ariana Harpwood
* The Nurse (1997) as Laura Harriman
* Profit (1996) as Joanne Meltzer
* Terrified (1995) as Pearl
* Baby Face Nelson (1995) as Helen Womack
* Unveiled (1993) as Stephanie Montgomery
* Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) as Maggie Burroughs
* Femme Fatale (1991) as Elizabeth/Cynthia/Maura
* The Age of Insects (1990) as Sara
* Bad Influence (1990) as Claire
* Gross Anatomy (1989) as Luann
* Heart of Dixie (1989) as M.A
- Studied drama at Vassar College
- Born to George and Tahlia Zane. Last name originally Zanetakos.
- Sister of actor 'Billy Zane' (qv)
- Originated many roles on stage including Rita in "Prelude to a Kiss", and Cleo in "Robbers". Made her professional stage debut in 'David Mamet' (qv)'s adaptation of "The Cherry Orchard" at the Goodman Theatre in her native Chicago.
- Frequently sings in cabaret settings interpreting her material in their original language.
- Speaks Greek fluently
- Singer at Les Deux in Hollywood, CA since 1997
- Lisa is a singer, BMI songwriter and recording artist. In 2006, The Songwriter's Hall of Fame recognized Lisa as one of their new songwriters of the year.
Related sites for this celeb