Oct. 18th, 1968
Auckland, New Zealand
Lisa Chappell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lisa Irene Chappell (born October 18, 1968) is an actress and musician from Auckland, New Zealand. She is best known for playing Claire McLeod on the Nine Network drama series McLeod's Daughters.
Born and grew up in Auckland, New Zealand. Two years before joining McLeod's Daughters, she completed "The Journey" program at the actors Centre in Sydney, Australia.
Chappell has acted in numerous roles in New Zealand, including Gloss, Shortland Street, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and City Life. Starting in 2000, Chappell played Claire McLeod in the Australian show McLeod's Daughters. For this portrayal, she won a Most Popular Actress Logie Award and was nominated for a Silver Logie in 2003. She moved on from the show in 2003, when her character was killed in a car accident.
She has also appeared in the third installment of Small Claims, 'The Reunion', and starred in Stingers as Megan Walsh (Season 8).
Chappell starred in a stage adaptation of Educating Rita in 2007, which toured Australia. She also stars in the Australian film Coffin Rock.
Chappell's current focus is her music career. Her debut album, When Then Is Now, was released on May 1, 2006. It was a commercial flop. She did some minor touring in Australia and New Zealand to support the release of this album.
Chappell married her husband Chris Taylor in 2001 after they met at her co-star Rachael Carpani's 21st birthday party, they later divorced in 2005. She made the decision to become a vegetarian after joining the cast of McLeod's Daughters.
Chappell also supports donating blood and encourages everyone to give blood. She loves to write lyrics and other texts.
- Won the Silver Logie in 2004
- For two years prior to joining McLeod's Daughters in the role of Claire, she completed "The Journey" program at the Actors Centre in Sydney, Australia.
- Supports donating blood and encourages everyone to give blood
- She is working on her first album in 2005 which should be released later in the year. The album called "When Then Is Now".
- Met her husband Chris at fellow McLeod's Daughters actress Rachael Carpani's (Jodi) 21st birthday party.
- She became a vegetarian after joining the cast of McLeod's Daughters.
- In 2002 she picked up the award for Most Popular New Female Talent at the Australian TV Week Logie Awards.
Related sites for this celeb