84 (passed away Nov. 29th, 2010)
Feb. 11th, 1926
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
6' 0 1/2
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Leslie Nielsen was raised in Tulita (formerly Fort Norman), Northwest Territories. His father was a mountie and a strict disciplinarian. His mother was Welsh. Leslie studied at the Academy of Radio Arts in Toronto before moving on to New York's Neighborhood Playhouse. His acting career started at a much earlier age when he was forced to lie to his father in order to avoid severe punishment. Leslie has starred in over fifty movies and many more TV films. One of his two brothers became the deputy prime minister of Canada.
- His father was a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer for Northwest Territory and Saskatchewan.
- Was considered for the role of Willy Wonka in _Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)_ (qv).
- While in Winnipeg, Canada, to promote their movie _Men with Brooms (2002)_ (qv), he and co-star 'Paul Gross (I)' (qv) received Honorary Citizenships from Winnipeg Mayor Glen Murray at the Granite Curling Club.
- Naturalized U.S. citizen.
- He has a half brother named Gilbert Nielsen who lives in Hobbs, New Mexico.
- His grandfather on father's side was Danish.
- Attend the Chiller Theater Expo in Parsippany, NJ along with actress Jamie Luner of Profler, John Schneider, Angie Dickinson, Brian O'Halloran, Danny Woodburn, David Hedison, Erik Estrada, Audra Lynn, Barry Williams, on October 24, 2008.
- Brother was a high-ranking Canadian politician. Eric Nielsen was the Government Leader of the Yukon Territory before becoming a Member of Parliment and the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada.