Dec. 17th, 1972
Los Angeles, California, USA
Laurie Holden's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Laurie Holden (born December 17, 1972) in Los Angeles, California to 'Glenn Corbett' and 'Adrienne Ellis'. When she was 5, her parents divorced and her mother married director 'Michael Anderson. Holden then split her time between L.A. and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. As a teenager, she won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto. After her freshman year at Montreal's McGill University (as an economics major), she transferred to UCLA and completed her BA in theater arts in 1993. She has studied acting under the late 'Robert Reed' (of The Brady Bunch (1969) fame).
Holden is perhaps best known for her roles as Marita Covarrubias on The X Files (1993) and as Mary Travis on The Magnificent Seven (1998). Holden is single and lives in Los Angeles when not on location.
- Has a younger brother named Christopher, and a half sister.
- Attend Montreal's McGill University and studied economics/political science, then transferred to UCLA to study in film and theatre.
- Stepsister of actor 'Michael Anderson Jr.' (qv) and producer 'David Anderson (VI)' (qv).
- Her favorite episode of _"The Magnificent Seven" (1998)_ (qv) is "Witness". Her favorite episode of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) is "Patient X".
- Step-daughter of film director 'Michael Anderson (I)' (qv).
- Huge crusader for children's charities including Planet Hope and Feed the Children.
- Named as one of "Ten Actors To Watch" by Variety in 2002.
- Won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto while still a teenager.