Dec. 17th, 1972
Los Angeles, California, USA
Laurie Holden's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Laurie Holden (born December 17, 1972) in Los Angeles, California to 'Glenn Corbett' and 'Adrienne Ellis'. When she was 5, her parents divorced and her mother married director 'Michael Anderson. Holden then split her time between L.A. and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. As a teenager, she won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto. After her freshman year at Montreal's McGill University (as an economics major), she transferred to UCLA and completed her BA in theater arts in 1993. She has studied acting under the late 'Robert Reed' (of The Brady Bunch (1969) fame).
Holden is perhaps best known for her roles as Marita Covarrubias on The X Files (1993) and as Mary Travis on The Magnificent Seven (1998). Holden is single and lives in Los Angeles when not on location.
- She won her first acting job a week after receiving the "'Natalie Wood (I)' (qv) Acting Award" upon graduating from UCLA. Member of the National Honor Society.
- Attend Montreal's McGill University and studied economics/political science, then transferred to UCLA to study in film and theatre.
- Huge crusader for children's charities including Planet Hope and Feed the Children.
- Named as one of "Ten Actors To Watch" by Variety in 2002.
- Friend of 'Christina Moore (II)' (qv). They lived next door to each other in the San Fernando Valley.
- Her brother, 'Christopher Holden (III)' (qv), worked with her in _Silent Hill (2006)_ (qv) as a AD.
- Family: daughter of actors 'Glenn Corbett (II)' (qv) and 'Adrienne Ellis' (qv), stepsister to actor 'Michael Anderson Jr.' (qv) and producer 'David Anderson (VI)' (qv).
- Won the "Look of the Year" modeling pageant in Toronto while still a teenager.