May. 23rd, 1971
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Laurel Holloman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Laurel Lisa Holloman (born May 23, 1971) is an American painter and actress. As an artist, Holloman is mostly known for her large scale paintings, strong brushwork, and use of color.
As an actress, Holloman is best known for her performances as Randy Dean in The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love and as Tina Kennard in The L Word.
Holloman is the youngest child in her staunchly Republican family. She attended the University of North Carolina and appeared in numerous theater productions.
After her freshman year, Holloman moved to Chicago to work with the Piven Theatre Workshop. She studied with John Lynn in Los Angeles, and was cast in David Orr's independent feature Blossom Time. She moved to New York City in early 1994 and appeared in stage productions such as Tennessee Williams' Glass Menagerie, Carson McCullers' The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter at Theatre for the New City. Holloman also performed off-Broadway in Julia Jordan's Night Swim at Playwright's Horizons.
In 1995, Holloman began her film career with her breakout role as baby butch Randy Dean in The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love for which she received critical acclaim. She has worked steadily in a variety of mostly independent film roles, such as The Myth of Fingerprints, Boogie Nights and Tumbleweeds.
In 2005, Holloman appeared in Showtime's lesbian drama, The L Word as the bisexual Tina Kennard. For this role, she was presented with a Golden Satellite Award in 2005 as Best Actress in a Drama series.
Holloman did a special series of paintings that was auctioned off for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Fund.
In 2012, Holloman had two hugely successful solo shows: Coeur libre and Free Falling. She received rave reviews for Free Falling, which is being held at the Ateneo Veneto in Venice, Italy.
Holloman married architect Paul Macherey on July 13, 2002.
- Adopted a daughter named Nala Belle on March 25, 2008.
- When not filming the _"The L Word" (2004)_ (qv) in Vancouver, she resides in L.A. with her husband and daughters.
- Her real-life pregnancy was worked into the script of the 2005 season of Showtime's _"The L Word" (2004)_ (qv).
- After her first year of college, moved to Chicago to work with the Piven Theatre Workshop. Studied with John Lynn in Los Angeles; was cast in 'David Orr (III)' (qv)'s independent feature _Blossom Time (1996)_ (qv). Moved to New York in 1994; began acting off-Broadway in "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" at Theatre for the New City.
- Has studied at the British American Dramatic Academy in London.
- Mother of 'Lola Macherey' (qv), born November 4, 2004.
- Dated actor 'Billy Crudup' (qv)in the 1990s. They met when they were both drama students at New York University.
- Also performed off-Broadway in 'Julia Jordan (II)' (qv)'s "Night Swim" at Playwright's Horizons.