Mar. 21st, 1974
Portland, Oregon, USA
Laura Allen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Allen was born in Portland, Oregon, the daughter of Julie and David Allen. She grew up on Bainbridge Island, Washington as the middle child of three sisters: older Jennifer (Jenny) and younger Lindsay. She attended Wellesley College as a Criminology major and graduated in 1996. She worked with the NYPD as a domestic violence counselor before pursuing acting.
Allen married Bruce Weyman at the Relais Palazzo del Capitano in Pienza, Italy on September 23, 2006. Son Harper Edward Weyman was born September 3, 2008 in Los Angeles and weighed 9 lbs., 5 oz.
Allen first established her career portraying Laura Kirk-English DuPres on the soap opera All My Children from 2000â€“2002, taking over the role from Lauren Roman, who originated the role in 1995-1998. After departing AMC, Allen went on to play Susan Delacorte in Julia Roberts's Mona Lisa Smile co-starring with Kirsten Dunst and Julia Stiles. She later starred in USA Network's hit series, The 4400. She played the role of Lily Tyler. However, her character was written out of the show before its third season. She did reprise the role of Lily Tyler in 2007 in the fourth and final season of The 4400 for two episodes. In 2006, Allen was a guest star on House M.D. in the episode "All In", as Sarah, the mother of a sick 6-year-old boy. She was also a guest star in the season 2 episode of Criminal Minds "Open Season" as the victim of two serial killers and alongside Cynthia Nixon in the 2007 season premiere of Law & Order: SVU.
Allen starred as Julia Mallory in the first season of the FX drama series Dirt, co-starring Courteney Cox and Ian Hart. Her character was a Hollywood heroin addict, suffering the abuses of paparazzi. She appeared as a former love interest of Major Owen Hunt on the ABC's Grey's Anatomy in 2009.
Other recent projects include the thrillers Hysteria, From Within and The Collective, and Old Dogs with John Travolta and Robin Williams.
She has played regular characters in two television series: Katie Nichols in Terriers in 2010 and Hannah Britten in Awake, which started in March 2012.
- Laura and her fiancé Bruce Weyman were married at the Relais Palazzo del Capitano in Pienza, Italy on September 23, 2006.
- She and her husband, model Bruce Weyman, welcomed their first baby, Harper Edward Weyman on September 3, 2008. He weighed in at 9 lbs. 5oz.
- Appeared in _Mona Lisa Smile (2003)_ (qv), set in the 1950s at Wellesley College. Coincidentally, she graduated from Wellesley in 1996.
- Went to the same high school (Bainbridge High School) as _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) castmember 'Chris Kattan (I)' (qv). _Snow Falling on Cedars (1999)_ (qv) author 'David Guterson' (qv) was a teacher at the same school.
- Middle child of three sisters. Older sister is Jennifer (Jenny) and younger is Lindsay.