Jun. 19th, 1969
Garden City, New York
Lara Spencer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lara Christine Von Seelen (known professionally as Lara Spencer) (born June 19, 1969) is an American television presenter. She is best known for being the co-anchor for ABC's Good Morning America. She is also a correspondent for Nightline and ABC News. Previously, she was the host of the syndicated entertainment newsmagazine The Insider from 2004 to 2011, and was a regular contributor to CBS's The Early Show. Before then, she was the national correspondent for Good Morning America and spent several years as a lifestyle reporter for WABC-TV. She also hosted Antiques Roadshow on PBS for the 2004 and 2005 seasons, and Antiques Roadshow FYI, a spin-off of Antiques Roadshow, during 2005. She hosts the show Flea Market Flip on both HGTV and the Great American Country channel. In April 2018, Spencer announced she would be only appearing on GMA three days a week to focus on her television producing.
- She graduated from Pennsylvania State University.
- Has a son
- (2004) gave birth to a baby girl, Katharine Paige
- Was married to 'David Haffenreffer' (qv) in Southampton, New York by the Rev. Peter M. Larsen, an Episcopal priest, who performed the ceremony at St. Andrew's Dune Church. The wedding was featured in _"Martha Stewart Living" (1991)_ (qv) TV show and magazine, showcasing Lara's favorite color scheme -- Yellow.
- Has a dog named Dandy.
- (2000) Worked for "Eyewitness News" on WABC-TV in New York and for _"Good Morning America" (1975)_ (qv).
- The daughter of Carolyn and Richard von Seelen of Cutchogue, New York. Her father, who is retired, worked in New York as the president of the North American division of Pringle of Scotland, the knitwear manufacturer.
Related sites for this celeb