Dec. 30th, 1982
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Kristin Kreuk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kristin Laura Kreuk is a Canadian actress best known for her roles as Lana Lang in Smallville, as Catherine Chandler-Keller in Beauty & the Beast, and currently as Joanna Hanley Chang in Burden of Truth.
Kreuk first went to an open casting audition for Edgemont (2000), a teen drama series aired on CBC Television in Canada where she was cast as Laurel Yeung. Laurel was the last main character to be cast because the casting director was having a problem finding an actress. Fortunately, for them (and us), they found Kristin. In mid-2004, Kreuk took the role of Tenar for the Sci-Fi Channel two-part miniseries Earthsea. In 2009, Kreuk signed on for a multi-episode arc in season three of Chuck. She played Hannah, a computer troubleshooter who joins the Buy More Nerd Herd after being laid off from her previous job.
She has also starred in movies such as Snow White: The Fairest of Them All (2001), Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009), and Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy (2011).
- Was first to be cast on "Smallville".
- #18 on askmen.com's Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2005
- Femme Fatales (January/February 2005). She is #1 on their 50 Sexiest Women of the Year list.
- Had never worked professionally as an actress before _"Edgemont" (2000)_ (qv) (but had done stage work).
- Growing up she did gymnastics, swimming, martial arts, and theater (in high school).
- Admires 'Cate Blanchett' (qv) and 'Jodie Foster' (qv).
- Was initally planning to go to university for psychology or environmental studies.
- Was the last member to be cast for _"Edgemont" (2000)_ (qv). The _"Edgemont" (2000)_ (qv) casting director sent a fax to all the high schools in British Columbia for an "exotic" looking girl to play the part of Laurel.