Mar. 15th, 1969
New York City, New York, USA
Kim Raver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kim Raver was raised in New York City by her mother, Tina Raver, and her stepfather, Chris Meltesen. She has a sister, Cybele Raver, as well as three half sisters, Nadja Raver, Grace Raver, Aimée Raver, and two half brothers, Jacob Raver, and William Raver. A fine arts graduate of Boston University, Raver continues to study theater in New York with teacher and mentor Wynn Handman. She is fluent in French and German, a language that she learned as a child from her German-born mother.
Together with her husband Manuel Boyer she has two sons, Luke West Boyer and Leo Kipling Boyer. Leo Kipling was born in New York City where Raver was performing in Lipstick Jungle. Raver returned to work on the show only a few weeks after giving birth. Raver got her start as a child star in 1975 appearing on Sesame Street at age 6. She remained on the show for three years. She initially acted in commercials for Visa and Jeep when her adult career began.
Her first prominent role was her Broadway debut in 1995 in the Philip Barry play Holiday in which she co-starred with Laura Linney and Tony Goldwyn. She also appeared in the feature film City Hall with Al Pacino. She also co-starred with John Spencera and David Schwimmer in "The Glimmer Brothers", a production of the Williamstown Theatre Festival, written by Warren Leight. After her time on Third Watch, she was cast as Audrey Raines in the popular television series 24, and was a series regular for two seasons.
- In the beginning of her career, Raver paid her bills by acting in commercials that brought her to Venice for a Visa ad and in a Jeep for _Blade Runner (1982)_ (qv) director 'Ridley Scott' (qv).
- Children with 'Manu Boyer' (qv): Luke West Boyer (b. 2002) and Leo Kipling Boyer (b. October 9, 2007 in NYC).
- Appeared on _"Sesame Street" (1969)_ (qv) as a child.
- A fine arts graduate of Boston University, Raver continues to study theater in New York with teacher and mentor 'Wynn Handman' (qv). She is fluent in French and German, a language that she learned as a child from her German-born mother.
- (Summer 1999) Co-starred in the Williamstown production of "The Glimmer Brothers, written by 'Warren Leight (I)' (qv), this year's Tony Award winner for "Sideman". She costarred with 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv) ( NBC's _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv)) and 'John Spencer (I)' (qv) (NBC's _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)).
- Big break came with her Broadway debut in the play "Holiday" in which she co-starred with 'Laura Linney' (qv) (_The Truman Show (1998)_ (qv)) and 'Tony Goldwyn' (qv).
- Mother, Tina Raver; step-father, Chris Meltesen; and older sister, Cybele
- Lives in New York and spends her free time running, practicing yoga and being near her close-knit family.