Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Kiefer Sutherland's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- On the _Freeway (1996)_ (qv) DVD cover, he has a five o'clock shadow, but in the film itself, he is clean shaven.
- Has three half-brothers: 'Roeg Sutherland' (qv) (b. 1974), 'Rossif Sutherland' (qv) (b. 1978) and 'Angus Sutherland (I)' (qv) (b. 1982).
- His vampire likeness from _The Lost Boys (1987)_ (qv) is featured on the cover of J. Gordon Melton's "The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead." In a captioned picture inside the book, his name is misspelled as "Keifer."
- When his character, Jack Bauer, got a new tattoo (part of the plot line) for Season 3 of _"24" (2001)_ (qv) instead of having to go though tedious make up for each scene which the tattoo would show, Kiefer had a real tattoo inked onto his arm.
- Traveled with the rodeo circuit in the late 1990s and won rodeos in Phoenix and Albuquerque.
- Considers his father, 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv), to be one of the greatest actors of all-time.
- His ex-wife, 'Camelia Kath' (qv), is the widow of 'Chicago (I)' (qv) guitarist 'Terry Kath' (qv).
- Owns a recording studio/music label in Los Angeles, called Ironworks, with best friend, musician/producer 'Jude Cole' (qv).