Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Kiefer Sutherland's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- Among the many reasons cited for the break-up of his first marriage, one was his friendship with _The Lost Boys (1987)_ (qv) castmate 'Jason Patric' (qv) and other members of the "brat pack" -- ironically enough, his friendship with 'Jason Patric' (qv) dissolved after his fiance 'Julia Roberts (I)' (qv) left with Patric for Europe.
- Considers his father, 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv), to be one of the greatest actors of all-time.
- Shares birthday with _The Three Musketeers (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Julie Delpy' (qv).
- His great-great-grandmother through male line was a third cousin of President Rutherford Birchard Hayes. Ironically, on "24"'s 5th season, his character Jack Bauer had to work with a Homeland Security agent named Karen Hayes.
- Starred alongside 'Dennis Hopper' (qv) in _Flashback (1990/I)_ (qv). Hopper later played "Victor Drazen" in the final four episodes of Season One of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- His vampire likeness from _The Lost Boys (1987)_ (qv) is featured on the cover of J. Gordon Melton's "The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead." In a captioned picture inside the book, his name is misspelled as "Keifer."
- Ranked #68 on the 2006 Forbes Celebrity 100 list of the world's most powerful celebrities. His earnings were a reported $23 million.
- Is a huge fan of the rock band 'Queen (I)' (qv).