Dec. 21st, 1966
London, England, UK
Kiefer Sutherland's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Kiefer Sutherland (born December 21, 1966) in London, England, UK to parents 'Donald Sutherland' and 'Shirley Douglas'. He got his first film role in the movie Max Dugan Returns (1983). Sutherland's first major role was in the Canadian drama, The Bay Boy (1984), which earned Sutherland and director 'Daniel Petrie', Genie award nominations for best actor and best director, respectively. Following his success in The Bay Boy, Sutherland eventually moved to Los Angeles and landed television appearances in The Mission, an episode of Amazing Stories (1985) and in the telefilm Trapped in Silence (1986) with 'Marsha Mason'.
In 1992, Sutherland starred opposite 'Ray Liotta' and 'Forest Whitaker' in Article 99 (1992) and in the military drama A Few Good Men (1992) also starring 'Jack Nicholson' and 'Tom Cruise'. Later, in 1994, he starred with 'Jeff Bridges' and 'Nancy Travis' in the American version of The Vanishing (1993) for Twentieth Century Fox.
In 1997, he co-starred with 'William Hurt' and 'Rufus Sewell' in Dark City (1998), directed by 'Alex Proyas', which was a special presentation at the Cannes Film Festival. Sutherland also added his second directorial credit and starred in Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997) alongside 'Kevin Pollak', 'Mykelti Williamson', 'Rod Steiger' and 'Martin Sheen'. He currently stars in the Fox drama 24 (2001) as Jack Bauer for which he has earned a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series. Most recently he has been seen in the movie Phone Booth (2002) as a man who calls up someone at a phone booth and threatens to kill them if they hang up.
- On January 23, 2005, became the first _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ (qv) guest to be the offspring of a former guest. His father, 'Donald Sutherland (I)' (qv) appeared on the show in 1998.
- Arrested on suspicion of DUI in Los Angeles on September 25, 2007.
- Is a huge fan of the rock band 'Queen (I)' (qv).
- Shares birthday with _The Three Musketeers (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Julie Delpy' (qv).
- When starting up on the rodeo circuit he decided to buy all the things needed. The horses, the bulls/cows, the tractors, the 900 acre ranch in Montana, then sold it once he was finished.
- Starred alongside 'Dennis Hopper' (qv) in _Flashback (1990/I)_ (qv). Hopper later played "Victor Drazen" in the final four episodes of Season One of _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- When he was eight, he moved to Canada where he spent the next eight years of his life.
- Is on screen for less than three minutes in _Taking Lives (2004)_ (qv), even though he shares top billing with 'Ethan Hawke' (qv) and 'Angelina Jolie' (qv).